There were times when we couldn’t see beyond all that needed doing in this room – the old dining room – to turn it into a lovely living space. To be honest, sometimes it was overwhelming to complete novices like us. But here’s the treatment this room got:
- Full damp proof course
- New skirting (the old stuff was rotten and full of weevils)
- New picture rail
- New carpet and underlay (it now feels like you’re walking on clouds despite the concrete floor)
- Fireplace renovation
- New central heating and piping
- Paint job
- New blinds and soft furnishings
- New furniture (and a few fairly old bits too)
- A whole lotta love
But it’s been worth it.
Here’s the obligatory before and after:
A bit different, eh?! Of all the rooms in the house this one probably has the most objects that have stories. So I’ll tell these stories in future posts.
But for now, go on, take a closer look at the room itself. Push the door……..